Hillary Clinton is a lawyer, a philanthropist, an advocate for women’s rights, a former First Lady of the United States, the first American First Lady to be elected to the U.S. senate and the first woman to win a major party’s nomination in the race for the presidential seat.
Hillary reveals where her inspiration and motivation has come from throughout her long career in politics, explaining that she has learned from lessons that her mother has had to learn during her life. She says that “family and faith” has constantly the support and foundation beneath her work, especially as she has become a mother and now a grandmother herself.
When asked what her prayer for the country would be, she remarks “Jesus was a great psychologist,” in that he knew how difficult it is to love thy neighbor if you don’t love yourself. She says she is praying and working to empower people to love themselves in such a way that would make it easier to love others in our country, no matter where they came from. There is, she says, a lot of work to do in our country to combat the negativity and nonsense that fills our lives and politics.
Hillary also speaks on the stakes in this election, saying she doesn’t “think there has ever been an election where the stakes have been higher.” If she wins the election, she explains, she is determined to build on President Obama‘s legacy, and fight against the “dangerous and divisive demagogy” that continues to come from her opponent.
Just some of the ways she’s interested in doing so, for instance, include a program for 20 billion dollars which aims to tackle the challenge of youth unemployment, and subsequently help more people to avoid ending up in the criminal justice system. Her goal, she notes, is to face systemic racism in a way that is productive, and creates change.
Hillary Clinton & Her Famous Friends
1. Hillary Clinton With Lupita Nyong’oSource: 1 of 13
2. Hillary Clinton With Kareem Abdul JabbarSource: 2 of 13
3. Hillary Clinton With Lenny KravitzSource: 3 of 13
4. Hillary Clinton With The Royal FamilySource: 4 of 13
5. Hillary Clinton With Anna Wintour And Michael KorsSource: 5 of 13
6. Hillary Clinton With Robert DeNiroSource: 6 of 13
7. Hillary Clinton With Bette MidlerSource: 7 of 13
8. Hillary Clinton With Elton JohnSource: 8 of 13
9. Hillary Clinton With Harrison FordSource: 9 of 13
10. Hillary Clinton With Meryl StreepSource: 10 of 13
11. Hillary Clinton With Paul McCartneySource: 11 of 13
12. Hillary Clinton With Oscar de la Renta and Antonio BanderasSource: 12 of 13
13. Hillary Clinton With Chris ColferSource: 13 of 13
Hillary Clinton On How She Plans To Build On President Obama’s Legacy [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com