Social Media, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, OoVoo, and countless other outlets have become the place where news, facts, and point of view
lives. Good news, bad news, negative information, and positive information. The fact is, it is the new platform that allows everyone to cast their thoughts and opinions and participate in the world of media. Before you post on social Media ask yourself these questions:
1. Will anyone care about this content that I’m posting besides me?
2. will I offend anyone with this content. If So, Who? and Does it matter whose offended?
3. Is this appropriate for a social portal or would it be best communicated another way?
4. Am I okay with any and everyone seeing this?
5. Am I using this as an emotional dumping ground? If I am, why am I doing it here? Is a different outlet better for these purposes?