Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash from people after meeting with Donald Trump. He mentioned in the beginning of the meeting each pastor introduced themselves and he was asked to pray, but had no idea that was going to happen beforehand. Gray doesn’t endorse nor accept the many things Trump has done like separate immigrant families and also spoke about the injustice for Black men.
He went into that meeting as a pastor not a politician. What many need to understand is that they expected him to go in yell and carry on, but that’s not how to go about business. Gray didn’t like the fact that what they were supposed to meet for didn’t happen and made it seem a different way in the news as well as social media. He also spoke about people in church not extending grace and mercy to him after the meeting and not hearing him out on what really happened.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More
- How DeVon Franklin’s New Book Will Give Men A Lesson On Learning How To Love
- Coast Guard Lt. Allegedly Wanted To Commit Terror Plot On Democratic Politicians, Journalists
- “Behind The Lens, Hollywood’s Independent Film Makers” Tyler Perry
- How One Hollywood Actor Put His Religion To The Test And Formed A Relationship With Christ
- Black History Month 2019: Aretha Franklin
- Update: Jussie Smollett Charged With Filing a False Police Report, Facing Jail Time
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]