Marc Morial, President & CEO of National Urban League, spoke on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about the State Of Black America Townhall. It will premiere on TV One at 8/7c on Sunday, July 29th and moderated by Roland Martin. Morial spoke about the digital revolution and how it’s changing the world we live in.
He also questions on whether or not if the African American community will be apart of those changes. Morial talked about how there is a lack of Black people majoring in computer science and getting jobs in development. He also believes that Black people are under represented in Silicon Valley, where a lot of these jobs are.
Morial talked about civil rights being taken away and how social media is allowing us all to be advocates in certain ways. He also expressed that we must confront hate speech with truth talk. Morial wants everyone to go out and vote to make changes.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- iPraise Live: An Acoustic Set With Todd Dulaney [Exclusive Video]
- Obama On New Zealand Massacre: We ‘Must Stand Against Hatred In All Its Forms’
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Plank Abs [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Vigil Held After Police Identify Dead Body As Missing 2-Year-Old Noelani Robinson
- In The Spirit Moment With Myronda: He Loves Me
- Ericaism: I Had To Get Out Of My Own Way [VIDEO]
- Black Woman Calls The Police On Shotgun Wielding Neighbor, Police Arrest Her Instead [VIDEO]
- New Jersey Teen Goes From Being Homeless To Getting Accepted Into 17 Colleges
- Janelle Monae To Introduce Janet Jackson At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony
- Bullet Stopped By Framed Photo Of Lord’s Prayer From Entering Home [VIDEO]