Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Watch Live: Mike Espy Debates Cindy ‘Public Hanging’ Hyde-Smith As Runoff Election Turns Racial
- How To Enjoy The Holiday Without Gaining Weight
- Tauren Wells On How The Inspiration Of “Known” Tells A Story Of How We Can Get Caught Up In Our Image [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- TV ONE Launches New Entertainment Network Cleo TV On January 19th, 2019!
- Maranda Curtis Gives An Early Christmas Gift With New Holiday Album
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Senior Pastor At New Birth Missionary Baptist
- Stacey Abrams Is Not Done With Brian Kemp And His Jim Crow Tactics
- Kim Porter’s Autopsy Results Revealed As Questions Linger In Model’s Death
- What’s Next For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum? Fallen Candidates Hint At Political Futures
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Men Coloring Their Gray Hairs [VIDEO]
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
7. AviciiSource: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueenSource: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.Source: 9 of 10
10. Kate SpadeSource: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com