Erica Campbell says she got the call to perform at an event called Super Bowl Gospel. When she was asked to join, she wanted to sing her new song, “Well Done.” But when she requested to do that song, she was told that there was already a specific line up and plan in place. She chose to opt-out of “playing hard ball” in order to do her own song, and went with the Sounds of Blackness song they asked her to sing instead.
At the event, Erica Campbell says she was so inspired by hearing everyone at the event speak about their faith. She was grateful that she hadn’t made things about herself when they made the arrangements, because instead of focusing on herself and her brand, she thought about the event itself. And when she got there, she received nothing but blessings! Check out this exclusive video to hear more from this inspiring Ericaism on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Mo’Nique & Steve Harvey’s Conversation Taught Us About Being Apologetic
- JJ Hairston Shares The Inspirational Story Behind “Miracle Worker” & How God Helped His Marriage
- Erica Campbell & GRIFF Share The Importance Of Why We Need To Know Our Black History
- Police Deny Report That The Attack On Jussie Smollett Was Staged
- GRIFF: Why Can’t Men Get Some Gifts For Valentine’s Day? [VIDEO]
- Jussie Smollett Tells GMA’s Robin Roberts He’s ‘Pissed’ That People Don’t Believe Him
- Former Youth Pastor Arrested For Alleged Sexual Battery
- Wisconsin GOP Leaders Remove Colin Kaepernick’s Name From Black History Month Resolution
- Black Panther Slashes Competition with Most NAACP Image Award Nominations
- Watch: Casey J Shares How Growing Up In Church Shaped Her Adulthood [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]