I’d been watching social Media and listening to several media outlets about the effects of oolong tea on your health. I was drawn in by the idea of losing my tummy in 30 days. As I took a moment to really research the health benefits of oolong tea, I found out these health benefits as well
- Oolong tea helps with mental alertness and can be the culprit behind energy levels and mental performance.
- It lowers the risk of Ovarian Cancer. There was one study that found that drinking 2 or more cups daily cuts the risk of ovarian cancer in almost half!
As I continued to research the benefits of oolong tea, I also found that it is being researched currently to prove these health benefits as well:
- Oolong tea can be used to treat skin allergies such as eczema. Developing research is suggesting that drinking 4 cups (34. 0z) of oolong tea per day divided into 3 doses significantly improves eczema that has been resistant to other treatments. It is possible that it could take 1 or 2 weeks of treatment to see any improvement.
- Some research suggests that drinking about 6 cups daily of oolong tea for 30 days might lower blood sugar for people with type 2 diabetes.
- There has also been some research in Chinese people that shows that drinking 1 or 2 cups of oolong tea or green tea daily seems to prevent high blood pressure. They also state that drinking more tea seems to lower the risk even more.
- There has also been some evidence that drinking oolong tea for over 10 years consistently could be associated with stronger bones preventing osteoporosis.
- It Promotes Weight Loss
- Prevents Tooth Decay
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer
Besides the fact that I was not warned beforehand that I should drink oolong tea when I am home for the evening because it works on your digestive system immediately, I was very pleasantly surprised at all of th benefits attached to ading this to my daily routine. Well maybe my NIGHTLY routine…;-)