Bishop TD Jakes eulogized Whitney on Saturday. After leading the crowd in a unison chant of “Amen,” Jakes began his speech with a message targeted at those who knew Houston’s true character.
“I want to convey and take just a moment; I realize the dichotomy that the family faces at this time, surrounded by a world full of friends, admirers who were enthralled by the beautiful Whitney Houston: Her voice, her song, her poise, her class; but that is not what brings you here,”
Now, as a good teacher should he reveals the 10 things we can learn from Whitney:
1. She was a child of God and embraced that posture throughout her life
2. She never strayed far from her Baptist roots, the birthplace of “The Voice,” and the Gospel music that filled her soul and influenced her stylistically
3. She was a woman of deep and abiding prayer, known for gathering her friends and colleagues in an impromptu circle to petition God
4. Family was her bedrock, her source of strength, comfort, and a fiercely protective cross-generational love that incubated and informed who she was
5. She generously created opportunities for others who had gifts needing exposure.
For the other five things that you can learn from Whitney Houston Click Here.