Earlier this week, Isaiah Washington talked to “Get Up! Mornings” about his role in the new TVOne movie, “Behind The Movement.” He plays E.D. Nixon, an instrumental but little-known figure in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The movie sheds a lot of light on the parts of the Civil Rights movement that we don’t typically hear about, like the two women that refused to give up their seat before Rosa Parks.
GRIFF also shares a bit of black history, about baseball player Leroy Satchel Paige. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- In The Spirit Moment With Myronda: Throw It Off
- Kurt Carr writes Song to Honor Deceased Assistant
- You can be a Millionaire, You just can’t be Typical
- Taffi Dollar talks about being “unfiltered”
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’
- She’s Here: Porsha Williams Gives Birth
- Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, Makes A Big Donation To Flint Students
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- Charlottesville Public Schools Closed For Two Days After Racist Threats Online
- 5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Crushed By Table At Church [VIDEO]
Pivotal Civil Rights Figures Who Came Before Rosa Parks [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com