A juror in the Cosby sexual assault trial has come forward to reveal details about the deliberations that led to the mistrial.
ABC News reports that the juror said two holdouts refused to join the other 10 jurors who voted to convict the entertainer.
Bill Cosby, 79, faced three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault. The two holdouts refused to go along with the others on the first count of digital penetration and the third count of giving the alleged victim drugs that would make her unconscious without her knowledge.
On the second count, however, 11 of the jurors voted to acquit. That count asked them whether she was unconscious or unaware during the incident.
The unidentified juror, who spoke exclusively with ABC News, said that the holdouts were “not moving, no matter what” on counts one and three.
Cosby’s former friend Andrea Constand accused him of drugging and molesting her at his home in 2004. He declined to testify at the trial but has maintained that the encounter was consensual.
She’s one of at least 40 women who have accused the fallen star, once nicknamed “America’s Dad,” of drugging and sexually assaulting them. However, Constand’s complaint was the first criminal case against him. The jurors did not consider those other alleged incidents during deliberations, the juror told ABC.
Interestingly, the jurors “voted overwhelmingly” that Cosby was not guilty on all three counts in an initial non-binding poll, the outlet reported. It’s unclear what caused the vote to shift.
The juror painted a picture of 12 angry jury members on the edge of physically fighting each other. One male juror punched a wall so hard that he may have broken a knuckle.
“They had five sheriff’s deputies at the door and they could hear us and they kept coming in because they thought we were already fighting,” the juror told ABC.
SOURCE: ABC News
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Juror Reveals That 2 Holdouts Caused Cosby Mistrial was originally published on newsone.com