There is a key method that can be used for sticking to New Year’s Resolutions. They must be specific, measurable, and achievable, with a realistic and have a real deadline.
If you are looking forward to building a great spiritual life in the new year, you can start here:
- To read the Daily Readings
- To say morning and night prayers
- To abstain from buying luxury goods, or to spend money frivolously
- To endure with, provide comfort to and pray for a loved one undergoing suffering
- To cease arrogant or condescending attitude
- To spend time with the elderly in nursing homes weekly or monthly
- To volunteer your time and effort at soup kitchens daily, weekly, monthly
- To restore our dented relationship with family members or friends or neighbors
- To bring about peace among dueling family members, friends or neighbors
- To practice, display and discuss my faith openly in public schools and institutions although they will attempt to silence me.
Keep a journal of your successes and failures. You will be spiritually stronger if you try. Monitor on a monthly interval to analyze progress and take corrective measures – don’t monitor weekly as over monitoring can cause exasperation and discourage you.
Happy New Year and God Bless you! I hope you achieve whatever you set out to do.
Read these great tips as well!
10 Spiritual Things To Put Into Action For The New Year was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com