Sometimes it’s hard to appreciate your siblings. As children, you fought over toys and car seats; as adults, you argue over perceived slights, or shared responsibilities. But April 10 is National Sibling Day, which means it’s time to put away hard feelings and remember why brothers and sisters are so special. Here are 11 quotes and scientific facts about the power of siblings and sibling relationships.
1. Siblings spend a lot of time together: By the age of 11, children devote one-third of their free time to their brothers and sisters, a 1996 Penn State University cited in TIME showed. That amount of time is even more than they give to their friends, teachers and parents — and themselves.
2. Siblings teach us social skills: Fighting with your brother or sister as a child was actually a good thing. According to at least one study on kindergartners, those with siblings got along better with classmates than those without.
3. Birth order matters: Firstborns are supposedly the most successful and the most driven to succeed, according to Jeffrey Kluger, author of The Sibling Effect.
Check out these famous siblings:
Make sure to check out:
- Why Octavia Spencer Being Cast To Play God In Movie ‘The Shack’ Is Stellar Move
- Hollywood Champions The Strong Dad In New Dwayne Johnson Film ‘San Andreas’
Happy National Siblings Day: Facts You Need To Know was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com
Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Veda Howard Shares about having a Heart of Gratitude
Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage
Ayesha Curry Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby No. 4 With Steph Curry
Veda Howard Discusses the Dangers of Pride on Good Day Atlanta
Invest In Love with Guest Host Lecrae
Nominate That Special Individual in Your Community Who Deserves Their Flowers!