Finding ways to keep cool in the summertime is key. What we put in our bodies is also vital as we enjoy the heat rays. Cucumbers are an excellent item to eat and has numerous nutritional value.
It contains vitamin A& C, phosphorus and iron to name a few. This dark green rind is considered a fruit and comes from the same family of zucchini, pumpkin and other squashes. There are two types that are available which are used for slicing and pickling.
The health benefits reportedly are a good natural diuretic known for secreting and promoting the flow of urine. Cucumbers helps with kidney and urinary bladder disease. It also helps with liver and pancreatic disease. Individuals with conditions such as high and low blood pressure benefit from cucumbers because of its potassium content. For diabetics, a mixture of cucumbers, radish and bitter gourd is a beneficial aid.
There’s a number of beneficial ways cucumbers are useful for common ailments we experience regularly. They have additional benefits other than being colorful and an item in our favorite salads. Here’s some interesting tidbits on how cucumbers help us:
- People who battle with their nails splitting in their fingers and toes can benefit because of their high mineral content.
- The high silicon and sulphur content promotes growth of hair when the juice of cucumber is added with carrot, lettuce and spinach.
- The mixture of cucumber and carrot juice is helpful for people with rheumatic conditions.
- Cucumber juice is very helpful for people with diseases of the teeth and gums especially in cases dealing with pyorrhea.
- Cucumber contains erepsin which contains the enzyme to digest protein.
The next time you’re at the local supermarket or farmer’s market, pick up some cucumbers and try them out. They’re light, nutritional and good for you.
Here’s some recipes for you to try. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!