Listen Live
Praise 102.5 Featured Video

According to FOX59, an Ohio woman name Marie Trainer was hospitalized for over 80 days after contracting a life-threatening infection due to her dog’s saliva. Trainer was rushed to the hospital and placed in medically-induced coma because her symptoms of high fever, nausea, and body aches reached to extreme levels.

The medical team at Canton Ohio’s Aultman Hospital aggressively treated Trainer but her condition continued to worsen. The results from cultures and blood test showed that Trainer contracted capnocytophaga, a bacteria commonly found in the saliva of dogs and in smaller cats.

According to the Shade Room, doctors suspected that one of Trainer’s dog had licked a scrape on her arm which caused the infection.

Trainer woke up in shock to see her arms and legs partially amputated and has to learn everything again from how to sit up to rolling over.

Beside the shock of her new life, Trainer and her husband of 32 years have no plans to get rid of their dogs but instead excited to be reunited with them.

I had plenty to say about this story. People love their pets but coming to an almost near death experience is a lot for anybody. Take a look at the video below to hear more details about this story!