(SILVER SPRING, MD.) –– TV One welcomes David and Tamela Mann to the network as they embark on a new chapter and give viewers a glimpse into the drama, intrigue, faith and laughter that will ensue in their new reality docu-series called The Manns.
The announcement was made by TV One SVP of Programming and Production D’Angela Proctor. The new one-hour show from Entertainment One (eOne) and Bobbcat Films, currently in production in Texas, will join the network schedule in Q2 2017.
“We are excited to have David, Tamela and The Mann family join TV One because they represent the best of R.E.A.L – relatable, engaging, authentic and loving,” said Proctor. “The Manns are a great modern day example of a family that works together, plays together and prays together.”
The Manns have delighted and inspired audiences through a string of Tyler Perry plays and movies, as well as the television series, Meet The Browns and Mann & Wife. The new show will reveal the often hilarious and sometimes controversial interactions between David and Tamela, their four grown children, eight grandchildren and a slew of friends, extended family and other characters that enrich the lives of the entertainment power couple. With recording careers, touring, filming and managing an outrageous family, The Manns often find themselves negotiating from the conference table to the kitchen table while showing viewers the day-to-day challenges, successes and joy that happen behind the scenes with this beloved couple who has been married for 29 years.
The Manns is produced by TV One in partnership with Entertainment One (eOne) and Bobbcat Films. It is executive produced by David and Tamela Mann, eOne’s Tara Long and Mark Herwick, Roger M. Bobb and Phil Thornton. For TV One, Lamar Chase is executive-in-charge of production, Robyn Greene Arrington is vice president of original programming and production, and D’Angela Proctor is head of original programming and production.
17 Celebrity Mamas (And Grandmas) Who Prove That Black Don't Crack
1. Garcelle Beauvais is 49 and has two children1 of 15
2. Sheryl Lee Ralph is 59 and has two children2 of 15
3. Nia Long is 45 and has two kids3 of 15
4. First Lady Michelle Obama is 52 years old and has two kids4 of 15
5. Gayle King is 61 years old and has two children5 of 15
6. Lynn Whitfield is 62 and has one child6 of 15
7. Jada Pinkett Smith is 44 and has two children7 of 15
8. Phylicia Rashad is 67 and has two kids8 of 15
9. Taraji P. Henson is 45 and has one child9 of 15
10. Grace Jones is 67 and has one child10 of 15
11. Lisa Bonet is 48 and has three children11 of 15
12. Regina King is 45 and has one child12 of 15
13. Angela Bassett is 57 years old and has two kids13 of 15
14. Tina Knowles is 62 years and has two children14 of 15
15. Iman is 60 and has two kids15 of 15
(Photo Source: PR Photos)
David & Tamela Mann Join TV One Family With New Show was originally published on blackamericaweb.com