(SILVER SPRING, MD.) –– TV One welcomes David and Tamela Mann to the network as they embark on a new chapter and give viewers a glimpse into the drama, intrigue, faith and laughter that will ensue in their new reality docu-series called The Manns.
The announcement was made by TV One SVP of Programming and Production D’Angela Proctor. The new one-hour show from Entertainment One (eOne) and Bobbcat Films, currently in production in Texas, will join the network schedule in Q2 2017.
“We are excited to have David, Tamela and The Mann family join TV One because they represent the best of R.E.A.L – relatable, engaging, authentic and loving,” said Proctor. “The Manns are a great modern day example of a family that works together, plays together and prays together.”
The Manns have delighted and inspired audiences through a string of Tyler Perry plays and movies, as well as the television series, Meet The Browns and Mann & Wife. The new show will reveal the often hilarious and sometimes controversial interactions between David and Tamela, their four grown children, eight grandchildren and a slew of friends, extended family and other characters that enrich the lives of the entertainment power couple. With recording careers, touring, filming and managing an outrageous family, The Manns often find themselves negotiating from the conference table to the kitchen table while showing viewers the day-to-day challenges, successes and joy that happen behind the scenes with this beloved couple who has been married for 29 years.
The Manns is produced by TV One in partnership with Entertainment One (eOne) and Bobbcat Films. It is executive produced by David and Tamela Mann, eOne’s Tara Long and Mark Herwick, Roger M. Bobb and Phil Thornton. For TV One, Lamar Chase is executive-in-charge of production, Robyn Greene Arrington is vice president of original programming and production, and D’Angela Proctor is head of original programming and production.
17 Celebrity Mamas (And Grandmas) Who Prove That Black Don't Crack
1. Garcelle Beauvais is 49 and has two children1 of 17
2. Sheryl Lee Ralph is 59 and has two children2 of 17
3. Nia Long is 45 and has two kids3 of 17
4. First Lady Michelle Obama is 52 years old and has two kids4 of 17
5. Tina Turner is 76 and has two children5 of 17
6. Gayle King is 61 years old and has two children6 of 17
7. Lynn Whitfield is 62 and has one child7 of 17
8. Diahann Carol is 80 and has one child8 of 17
9. Jada Pinkett Smith is 44 and has two children9 of 17
10. Phylicia Rashad is 67 and has two kids10 of 17
11. Taraji P. Henson is 45 and has one child11 of 17
12. Grace Jones is 67 and has one child12 of 17
13. Lisa Bonet is 48 and has three children13 of 17
14. Regina King is 45 and has one child14 of 17
15. Angela Bassett is 57 years old and has two kids15 of 17
16. Tina Knowles is 62 years and has two children16 of 17
17. Iman is 60 and has two kids17 of 17
(Photo Source: PR Photos)
David & Tamela Mann Join TV One Family With New Show was originally published on blackamericaweb.com