President Barack Obama, the nation’s first black President will be leaving office in a matter of weeks. When he first entered the Oval Office, America faced its worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, but after a full eight year’s of leading the nation, the United States economy has recovered and has experienced a substantial level of growth.
With health care reform, the financial crisis, the demise of Osama Bin Laden and a number of domestic victories in his column of triumphs, NewsOne looks back at President Obama’s top accomplishments. (Not ranked in order)
- Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- Restored the American Economy
- Authorized the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden
- Signed into law the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women
- Repealed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and ensured equality for LGBT Americans
- Raised the federal minimum wage to $10.10
- Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Supported Criminal Justice Reform and signed the Fair Sentencing Act
- Ended military involvement in the Iraq War and ended combat missions in Afghanistan
- Launched the My Brother’s Keeper Initiative to empower boys and young men of color
- Implemented the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy to protect young undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children
- One of the key leaders in the fight for the Paris Agreement which created a comprehensive framework to reduce global climate change
WATCH: President Obama’s Most Impressive Policy Wins was originally published on newsone.com
Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Congratulations! Tamela Mann’s “Take Me To The King” Is RIAA Certified Double Platinum
When Your Man Gives You the "Silent Treatment," What Do You Do?
Erica Campbell Album Release Event | Register to Win Tickets
HPHY: Tell Us Your Ideas On What You Would Like to see Praise ATL Do in 2024!
Serena Williams Gives Birth To Her Second Daughter, Adira River Ohanian
A Convo With Dr. Ian Smith: How To Blast Off Fat & Keep It Off! [EXCLUSIVE]