Listen Live
Praise 102.5 Featured Video

Source: Scott Olson / Getty

The County Executive of St. Louis, Steve Stenger, has declared a state of emergency in St. Louis and its suburb, Ferguson, in the wake of local shootings following the anniversary of Michael Brown’s death.

The declaration came as dozens blocked the federal courthouse in St. Louis. This as another young man was shot by police as the interim chief gave an interview to the press.

Tyrone Harris has been treated at a hospital for wounds sustained following a shootout with police. Harris, a Black man, was reportedly part of a gang that had already been unleashing gunfire during an exchange with a rival group. His mother, however, says he was unarmed and running from the gunfire when he was shot.

Their shooting violence interrupted a day filled with peaceful protests celebrating the life of Brown, a teen on his way to technical school just days before he was killed by former Police Officer Darren Wilson.

Even with their peaceful protests, activists like DeRay McKesson, Johnetta Elzie and Cornel West have been arrested after protesting on the St. Louis courthouse steps. Mckesson filmed parts of the protests and arrests before being detained himself:

Elzie chillingly tweeted this shortly before she was taken away by the cops:

About 23 protestors in total were arrested late Monday and early Tuesday in Ferguson, police said.

In St. Louis. 56 were arrested at the city courthouse.

Late Monday, a group of protestors blocked Interstate  70 in Earth City, Missouri. Some held yellow signs that said, “Ferguson is everywhere.”

Stay tuned to for updates on the unrest in Ferguson.


Ferguson Man Down After Allegedly Firing At Local Cops

A Year After Michael Brown’s Death, Ferguson Locals See Progress — And Stubborn Challenges

Ferguson Police Brutality Victim Wins Appeal & More News You Need To Know

State Of Emergency Declared In St. Louis County Following Anniversary Of Michael Brown’s Death  was originally published on