We’re busy. There is a lot to accomplish in 24 hours. Often we forgo sleep to get it all (or most of it) done. But we shouldn’t.
The Mayo Clinic notes that not getting enough sleep has implications for your health, including:
- Keeping you from performing complex mental tasks well
- Causing irritability
- Increasing the likelihood of weight gain and high blood pressure
- Weakening your immune system
- Decreasing your quality of life
To reduce the risk of these impacts, Mayo Clinic recommends:
- Sleep until you wake up naturally for several days in a row
- Take short strategic naps
- Get extra sleep when you can
If getting extra sleep isn’t an option (at this time), they say you can opt for increasing your physical activity, drinking caffeine and getting exposure to bright light.
The Dangers Of Not Getting Enough Sleep was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
When Your Man Gives You the "Silent Treatment," What Do You Do?
Latocha Scott "When The TV Turns On, People Act Out"
Pi Day: ATL’s Best Black-Owned Pizzeria, Ryan Cameron’s “Dough Boy Pizza”
Latocha Scott Live! [Register to Win]
JJ Hairston Lunch N Listen [Register to Win]
Daily Motivation, A Powerful Word To Get You Through The Day!
White Cheddar Grits and Shrimp