In a new interview with Access Hollywood, Short opened up for the first time about his drinking problem and being fired from Scandal after several run-ins with the law. It is the first time that we have heard the star make an emotional, spiritual confession of his wrongs and indiscretions.
“The last three months have been probably the most trying times of my life,. They did not throw me to the curb like trash. That’s my family. They knew that I was going through a tough season and rallied around me and wrapped their arms around me, from Shonda to the craft service man. We’re a family and I think at a certain point when you’re getting a barrage of stories after stories, ABC justifiably would want to distance themselves…. They did the right thing, but I think it takes time to rebuild.”
Watch the entire video confession below:
Columbus is truly a life lesson. Most people believe that it’s essential to know the roots of the problem before they can change. ‘If only I knew why I’m so…I’d be able to change myself’. Unfortunately, this isn’t true. Understanding does not always create change. Solutions are often new elements injected into the existing situation. A belief like this often fosters the ‘paralysis of analysis’, encouraging too much navel gazing that makes people do the exact opposite of the following belief you need to overcome difficult times.
If he keeps working on himself he will come to a great end and be able to rebuild.
The past does not equal the future. The future can be even better than the past, unless you make it worse. You can focus on what’s over and unchangeable and miss making it better here and now, or you can do better. Leave what’s past where it belongs. Create hope for the future.
Make sure to read these hot stories:
- Nicki Minaj Should Be Proud! Mom Carol Releases New Gospel Song! [AUDIO]
- Wendy Williams Heads to Vegas To Celebrate 50th Birthday
- Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Home Church And Pastor!
- Tyler Perry Just Successfully Trademarked ‘What Would Jesus Do?’
- High Notes: Weekly Inspirational News Round-Up For W/E July 4
- Donnie McClurkin On Signing Nancey Jackson Johnson And Andrea
- The Other Side Of Kelly: Price A Complicated Woman With Huge Heart
- Marriage Boot Camp Cast Shocks Us With Commentary On Reality TV Love Facts
- Beyonce’s Pastor Proclaims That It’s ‘Love.Period’ [VIDEO]
Columbus Short Makes Difficult Confession: ‘Last Three Months Have Been Most Trying Times Of My Life’ was originally published on elev8.com