CLOSE
1 reads
Leave a comment

Bob Marley

Rare concert footage and master recordings of reggae legend Bob Marley were destroyed in a fire in a studio in Aburi, Ghana.

From the Toronto Sun:

The tapes were being stored at the solar-powered studio established by Marley’s wife Rita, who has lived in Africa for the past decade.

The studio complex, Studio One, was set to officially open in June – a month after it was ravaged by a blaze.

Rita Marley insists she will rebuild the complex. She reveals the lost items include footage of her late husband performing in concert.

Initial reports suggested the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

RELATED: Make Your Own Ready Kit

RELATED: Reggae: Jamaica’s Musical Ambassador To The World

comments – add yours
×