Featured Organization: The Breast Cancer Survivor Network
Address: 21 EASTBROOK BEND, SUITE 223, PEACHTREE CITY GA 30269
PHONE: (770) 487-4396
The Breast Cancer Survivors’ Network provides assistance, education and positive support services, before during and after the diagnosis for treatment and recovery of breast cancer. We are a volunteer led organization and funds are marked for certain programs for our 38 Statewide support groups, our 8 location (in GA) HOPE CLOSETS (surgical supplies for the underserved) and our materials (also in Spanish) for our health fairs for awareness.
Our monthly support groups (38) are led by trained volunteers (BC Survivors) with little cost. Our Hope Closets supplies the underserved, under-insured focusing on minorities to provide, FREE bras, prostheses, wigs, turbans, and surgical kits. Patients are fitted by professional fitters that have no means of ever having these materials. Patients are sent to us via local doctors, even though we serve all of GA, most of our patients are from the Atlanta metro area.
The Breast Cancer Survivors’ Network:
- Started three new Support monthly groups (two of them for young survivors) in addition to the 35 already meeting each month.
- Financially supported 12 new breast cancer patients with transportation & screenings.
- Provided bras, prostheses & wigs to 37 new BC patients in the Atlanta metro and surrounding counties.
- Educated more than 1,480 people (360 Latina women) on how to do breast exam correctly.
- Raised $38,000 at 1st Annual Breast Cancer 1-Day Walk.