The couple is slated to launch their own multimedia company, People reports.
The new creative platform, called Westbrook Inc., will support video and entertainment projects from the whole Smith family–including the couple’s uber talented kids, 21-year-old Jaden Smith and 18-year-old Willow.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
“We are so excited to announce this new venture and fully immerse ourselves in all areas of the media and entertainment space,” Will and Jada Pinkett said said in a public statement according to Variety.
“With our incredible team of family, chosen family, and longtime business partners, Westbrook Inc.’s mission is to spread positive ideas, art, and products that entertain and empower the greatest number of lives, inspiring the next generation of artists to do good in the world.”
Westbrook Studios is the production house behind Jada’s insanely popular Facebook series., Red Table Talk. But the company isn’t stopping at digital. The studio plans to venture into film, documentaries and television shows.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The goal is to promote and amplify an array of ethnicities and voices in the name of media diversity.
Kosaku Yada is the CEO of the company, and Tera Hanks will serve as president, Gila Jones as COO, Kevin McDonald as CFO and Jesse Uram as Vice President of business development, Variety reports.
Westbrook Inc will be the umbrella above Red Table Talk Enterprises, Overbrook Entertainment, Westbrook Media and many more to come.
This isn’t Will’s first venture into the studio business. Will founded Overbrook Entertainment in 1997–which has earned $4 billion in the past twenty years. The studio produced mega movie successes including Men In Black II, Hitch & I Am Legend.
It’s amazing to see creatives venturing into ownership in order to empower a new generations of filmmakers and actors. Great move by the couple!
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
Will & Jada’s Love Stands The Test Of Time [PHOTOS]
1. Los Angeles Premiere of The Matrix ReloadedSource: 1 of 15
2. 2nd Annual BET AwardsSource: 2 of 15
3. World Premiere of ‘Reign Over Me’ NYCSource: 3 of 15
4. 12Museum of Moving Image Salute to Will SmithSource: 4 of 15
5. 46664 Concert – LondonSource: 5 of 15
6. 79th Academy Awards – Arrivals – Los AngelesSource: 6 of 15
7. Will Smith The Oscars 2004Source: 7 of 15
8. Academy Awards – Oscars – Kodak TheatreSource: 8 of 15
9. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 9 of 15
10. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 10 of 15
11. The Karate Kid UK Gala Premiere – LondonSource: 11 of 15
12. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 12 of 15
13. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 13 of 15
14. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 14 of 15
15. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 15 of 15
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Erica Campbell To Release Her Book “More Than Pretty” In September
- Keke Palmer On “Surviving R. Kelly”: “The Whole Thing Was Eye-Opening, Painful, Sad, Disappointing And Heartbreaking” [VIDEO]
- Black Doctor Says American Airlines Forced Her To Cover ‘Inappropriate’ Outfit With Blanket
Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith Launching New Media Company, Westbrook Inc. was originally published on getuperica.com