Isabel Davis is a singer and songwriter that recently won a Stellar Award for best new artist. Her album “The Call” came out last year, but continues to bless so many souls. Davis recalls the day her heart was drawn to “Jesus We Love You.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She was in Baton Rouge at a night of worship and at one point a man got up went towards the microphone and began singing the words. Tears began to flow from her eyes and she explained that it was a powerful moment. The song reflects on God’s love and she mentioned that it’s the modern day “Oh, How I Love Jesus.”
As she explained to Erica Campbell how she feels about this song she got emotional. Davis spoke about how God gives us gifts and we need to understand that they aren’t for us at times. It’s to help others and for service. She believes that God gave her this voice to minister to others through song.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource:Publicity 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource:courtesy of Jermaine Dolly 7 of 7
- Why Every Black Person In Georgia Needs To Vote [Exclusive Video]
- What Does The Bible Say About Halloween?
- Cancer Awareness: Dr. Kimberly Lee And Nurse Dina Lansey
- What’s Next In The Laquan McDonald Shooting Case? Here’s Everything We Know
- Ericaism: Let Go Of The Baggage [EXCLUSIVE]
- Steps You Should Take If you Find Out You Have Cancer
- Angie Stone & Q Parker Speak On How God Helped Them Find Their Purpose [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Here’s Why Black Seniors May Be Singled Out By Voter Suppression Efforts
- Carvin Winans Releases New Single “Once In A Lifetime” [AUDIO]
- For Black People, Voting Is Just The Beginning Of The Work