Isabel Davis is a singer and songwriter that recently won a Stellar Award for best new artist. Her album “The Call” came out last year, but continues to bless so many souls. Davis recalls the day her heart was drawn to “Jesus We Love You.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She was in Baton Rouge at a night of worship and at one point a man got up went towards the microphone and began singing the words. Tears began to flow from her eyes and she explained that it was a powerful moment. The song reflects on God’s love and she mentioned that it’s the modern day “Oh, How I Love Jesus.”
As she explained to Erica Campbell how she feels about this song she got emotional. Davis spoke about how God gives us gifts and we need to understand that they aren’t for us at times. It’s to help others and for service. She believes that God gave her this voice to minister to others through song.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource: 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource: 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource: 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource: 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource: 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource: 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource: 7 of 7
- Omarosa Takes A Swipe At John Kelly’s Dismissal As White House Chief Of Staff
- Y’Anna Crawley Shares How Putting Aretha Franklin On Her Vision Board Every Year Made Her Want To Record “How I Got Over”
- Get Up! News Roundup: Derrick Fisher Lands Job With LA Sparks, BET Celebrates Quincy Jones This Weekend & More
- Here Are Your State’s Favorite Christmas Toys
- Good Deeds: Tyler Perry Pays Off $434K In Layaway Items At Atlanta Area Walmarts
- Ericaism: Reveal, Remove, Repair, Replace- That Was My Prayer [VIDEO]
- Get Up! Roundup: Regina King & Spike Lee Nominated For Golden Globe Awards, New Orleans Saints Owner Surprises Walmart Customers & More
- 10 Ways To Give Back During The Holiday Season
- Principal Bans All Things Christmas And Says Candy Canes Symbolize Jesus
- Stacey Abrams Shuts Down Running For President But Has Other Plans