In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- iPraise Live: An Acoustic Set With Todd Dulaney [Exclusive Video]
- Obama On New Zealand Massacre: We ‘Must Stand Against Hatred In All Its Forms’
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Plank Abs [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Vigil Held After Police Identify Dead Body As Missing 2-Year-Old Noelani Robinson
- In The Spirit Moment With Myronda: He Loves Me
- Ericaism: I Had To Get Out Of My Own Way [VIDEO]
- Black Woman Calls The Police On Shotgun Wielding Neighbor, Police Arrest Her Instead [VIDEO]
- New Jersey Teen Goes From Being Homeless To Getting Accepted Into 17 Colleges
- Janelle Monae To Introduce Janet Jackson At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony
- Bullet Stopped By Framed Photo Of Lord’s Prayer From Entering Home [VIDEO]
Meet The Stars Of "We're The Campbells" [PHOTOS]
1. We're The CampbellsSource:TV One 1 of 9
2. Warryn CampbellSource:TV One 2 of 9
3. Erica CampbellSource:TV One 3 of 9
4. The CampbellsSource:TV One 4 of 9
5. Krista CampbellSource:TV One 5 of 9
6. Wozy CampbellSource:TV One 6 of 9
7. Zaya CampbellSource:TV One 7 of 9
8. "We're The Campbells" Full CastSource:TV One 8 of 9
9. The CampbellsSource:TV One 9 of 9
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com