April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Men Who Don’t Know How To Put The Pillows On The Bed Correctly [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Slammed On Live TV For Being A Parent With No Empathy For Brown Children
- That’s Not Christian! Faith Academy Accused Of School Racism In Federal Complaint
- How To Help A Loved One Who May Need Counseling [EXCLUSIVE]
- True Hollywood Bible Story Of Naomi & Ruth [EXCLUSIVE]
- Holy Grounds! Bryan Popin’s ‘Step in the Name’ vs. Charles Jenkins’ ‘Can’t Turn Back’
- Faith Walking: Look Beyond The Fault And See The Need [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Warryn & Erica Campbell Tell How The Met [VIDEO]
- Brian Courtney Wilson Releases Music Video For “A Great Work”
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com