Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Brandon Camphor & OneWay Put A Heavenly Spin On “Lift Every Voice” For Juneteenth
- Candace Owens Cries White Supremacist Tears As Juneteenth Becomes National Holiday
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas That Also Support Black Business
- Shontelle Norman Beatty Plays Us Her Holy Banger “Jesus Will Fix It”
- The Proud Boys Are So Broke That Their Leader Is Printing Black Lives Matter T-Shirts For Money
- Gospel Artist Hezekiah Walker Establishes Namesake Gospel Music Center at Virginia Union University
- Feel The Bern: Hillary Clinton Snubs Nina Turner And Endorses Rival Candidate Shontel Brown
- How We Can Help Dads Get Work For Father’s Day [Exclusive Video]
- 5 Officers Fired Over A Black Man’s Suspicious In-Custody Hanging Death
- For The Culture Podcast: The History Of Funk