A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Omarosa Takes A Swipe At John Kelly’s Dismissal As White House Chief Of Staff
- Y’Anna Crawley Shares How Putting Aretha Franklin On Her Vision Board Every Year Made Her Want To Record “How I Got Over”
- Get Up! News Roundup: Derrick Fisher Lands Job With LA Sparks, BET Celebrates Quincy Jones This Weekend & More
- Here Are Your State’s Favorite Christmas Toys
- Good Deeds: Tyler Perry Pays Off $434K In Layaway Items At Atlanta Area Walmarts
- Ericaism: Reveal, Remove, Repair, Replace- That Was My Prayer [VIDEO]
- Get Up! Roundup: Regina King & Spike Lee Nominated For Golden Globe Awards, New Orleans Saints Owner Surprises Walmart Customers & More
- 10 Ways To Give Back During The Holiday Season
- Principal Bans All Things Christmas And Says Candy Canes Symbolize Jesus
- Stacey Abrams Shuts Down Running For President But Has Other Plans
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.Source: 1 of 1
Church Hurt: A Woman’s Urgent Fight Against The Pattern Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com