Big Shiz (also known as LaShawn Daniels) the urgency he felt to make “Again Love,” after moving to Charlotte. So quickly after moving, he explains, that his house had no furniture. In the middle of the night, he used a blanket to create a studio & recorded it right then and there. And that is exactly what you are hearing on the song as it is now.
Big Shiz details the process of “mapping out the sound they were trying to create,” and what exactly that means. He talks about his tendency to aim for creating a type of feeling when writing a song. He explains why he didn’t want to label it gospel, noting, “we didn’t want to make anything that feels like a try.” Big Shiz also talks about his admiration for Teddy Riley and his group Guy, and recreating the feeling he felt the first time he heard “Smile.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Love Talking: Love Yourself Enough To Want The Best [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Thanks Over Complaints [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Transformation Expo 2018 Performances: Jekalyn Carr [VIDEO]
- Why Is Easter Sunday Really Called Easter?
- Transformation Expo 2018 Performances: The Clark Sisters [VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Speaks On The Impact Of His Hit Song “You’ve Waited” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Get Up Poll: Callers Are Tired Of Older People Using Filters On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE]
- Who’s Standard Matters?
- Get Up Poll: Callers Talk About Their Favorite Apps [EXCLUSIVE]
- Colin Kaepernick All Smiles As He Heads To Court