While many folks are rooting for Cardi B and Offset‘s engagement without reservation, there are a few who have some concern for the young rapper and her future wedding plans.
While discussing their engagement on The Real, co-host Jeannie Mai suggested that the two hip-hop stars might be moving too fast.
“Nobody feels like it’s a little fast? I guess for me, I mean, I’ve said it before on the show, it has nothing to do with Cardi, it has nothing to do with who he is. It’s just, when you get married before 30, you’re a different person in your 20’s,” said Mai, who recently filed for divorce.
But Mai was clear that she wasn’t hating on the “Bodak Yellow” rapper and wishes her and her Bae well.
“So, I just say, Cardi, congratulations. Take your time. Take your time, don’t rush into anything. Like, enjoy the engagement even. Like, don’t hurry so much.”
It’s not like Mai doesn’t have a tiny point! The couple had only been dating for roughly eight months–if that– before they got engaged in Philly last week.
As we previously reported, Cardi got the surprise of her life when the Migos rapper got down on one knee and popped the question in the middle of her performance.
If you haven’t seen it already, take a look at that 8-carat ROCK!
BEAUTIES: What do you think? Are Jeannie’s concerns valid?
Celebrity Engagements We Didn’t See Coming
1. Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian Jr1 of 13
2. Trai Byers and Grace Gealey2 of 13
3. Kevin Hart and Eniko Parrish3 of 13
4. Ludacris and Eudoxie4 of 13
5. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West5 of 13
6. Evan Ross and Ashlee Simpson6 of 13
7. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon7 of 13
8. Chad ‘Ochocinco’ and Evelyn Lozada8 of 13
9. Big Sean & Naya Rivera9 of 13
10. Kelly Rowland and Tim Witherspoon10 of 13
11. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom11 of 13
12. Shad Moss and Erica Mena12 of 13
13. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise13 of 13
Jeannie Mai Says Cardi B Might Be Moving Too Fast With Engagement was originally published on hellobeautiful.com