It didn’t take long for Trump supporters to attack people connected to Monday’s indictments of the president’s cronies.
As Think Progress put it, Fox News launched a “smokescreen campaign” with an anonymous article targeting two judges—including Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson, who’s African American.
Robinson ruled at a preliminary hearing that Paul Manafort and Rick Gates must remain under house arrest after posting bond, as well as surrender their passports to authorities.
Here are three things to know about Robinson:
—Judge Robinson, a graduate of Morgan State University and Emory University School of Law, was sworn in as a U.S. magistrate judge on July 18, 1988. She served as an assistant U.S. attorney for eight years in which she prosecuted criminal cases.
— She has presided over several high-profile cases, including one involving retired NBA player Allen Iverson, The Washington Post reported. The case involved a lawsuit from a nightclub fight in the District of Columbia. Two patrons and two security guards alleged that Iverson and his security team assaulted them over seats in the bar.
— In another high-profile case, Robinson presided over the trial of former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry, who rose to fame but fell from grace by a drug addiction. Robinson, in one hearing, rejected a request by prosecutors to send Barry to jail for violating his probation in a criminal tax case, NBC News reported.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
3 Things To Know About Black Woman Judge In Paul Manafort Case was originally published on newsone.com