Sometimes, blending in is the best way to stand out. The concept may sound oxymoronic, but when it comes to rocking monochromatic outfits, it makes perfect sense. Pulling off wearing the same (or similar colors) from head to toe is no small feat. The effort it takes to pull off the look, alone, will grab attention.
Follow Me at @AprilWattsLive For More Fashion Ideas & Style Tips
In a room full of color blocking, pattern mixing and pops of color—all on trend—going against the grain is sure to get notice.
I love earth tones but I have to say taupe is probably my favorite neutral. I fell in love with the Burberry Orchard Heritage Satchel and built my outfit around it. I lucked up and found a great day-dress and satin lace-up sandals at BCBG. While the look is soft and unassuming, it’s guaranteed to draw all eyes on you.
This look would be great for anything from a daytime wedding to brunch with your beau.
TIP: When attempting the monochromatic look, it isn’t necessary but it helps to shop the same brand or designer as they offer several articles of clothing in the same color.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
PHOTO SOURCE: Rodney Choice / April Watts
Who Was Haute And Who Was Not At The 2017 Met Gala
1. The Met Ball 2017 theme was Comme De Garcons, the work of avant-garde designer Rei Kawakubo, who Pharell’s wife Helen is wearing.Source: 1 of 22
2. John Legend and wife Chrissy TeigenSource: 2 of 22
3. Solange in Thom BrowneSource: 3 of 22
4. Wiz Khalifa is blazin’Source: 4 of 22
5. Diddy and CassieSource: 5 of 22
6. Selena Gomez and The WeekndSource: 6 of 22
7. Can you ID everyone in this bathroom selfie?Source: 7 of 22
8. LaLa Anthony looks gorge. She has a ring on every finger, except her ring finger!Source: 8 of 22
9. Ruby Rose and Donald GloverSource: 9 of 22
10. Rihanna stays slayin’ and on theme, too.Source: 10 of 22
11. Rita OraSource: 11 of 22
12. Serena Williams pretty and preggers.Source: 12 of 22
13. A$AP Rocky and Ashton SandersSource: 13 of 22
14. Mary J. BligeSource: 14 of 22
15. Naomi Campbell and British Vogue Editor-In-Chief Edward EnninfulSource: 15 of 22
16. Halle Berry in Versace.Source: 16 of 22
17. Jennifer Lopez and Alex RodriguezSource: 17 of 22
18. Jaden Smith and yes, those are his locs in his hand…Source: 18 of 22
19. Tracy Ellis Ross on theme.Source: 19 of 22
20. Janelle Monae, slay!Source: 20 of 22
21. Future in custom H&MSource: 21 of 22
22. Miss LupitaSource: 22 of 22
#LifestyledByAprilWatts: How To Stand Out In Monochromatic Outfits was originally published on elev8.com