Beauty products can be so expensive. Especially when you are buying the latest beauty trends and celebrity makeup collaborations. But you know I’m here to save the day–and your wallet! There are a number of really easy ways to stretch those hard-earned dollars without sacrificing the beauty results.
1. Revive Your Nail Polish: If your polish brush no longer reaches the bottom of the bottle, add a few drops of nail polish remover, shake the bottle and voila, new nail polish. You should also invest in a long thin paintbrush to access those hard to reach last bits of polish before trashing the bottle for good.
2. Maximize Mascara: Is your favorite mascara all dried up? Use a hair dryer to heat it up, or soak the tube in hot water to re-liquify. But remember mascara should be thrown out after three to six months of use to avoid infections.
3. Make Lipstick Last: Scrape the lipstick dregs out of bottom of the tube, place inside of a pill-box, contact lens case or a very small plastic paint palette and microwave for about 10 seconds. Then, put the melted lipstick in the fridge to harden in your new “container.” You might need to use a lipstick brush to apply, but that’s much cheaper than a whole new tube of Chanel.
4. Longer Life Lip Liner: To keep lip and eyeliners moist and firm, store them in the refrigerator between uses.
5. From Powder to Gloss: Take leftover powdered blush (when it’s cracked and you can hardly get it on the brush) and mix with Vaseline for a pink, sparkly nude lip gloss.
6. From Dust to Gold: If your blush or eye shadow cracks and falls apart, put all of the pieces in a plastic baggie and pound into a powder. Then, dip a make-up brush in to use the powdery bits.
7. Spritz and Save: When your favorite perfumes have vanished into fumes, add water to the perfume bottle, shake it up and transfer to a spray bottle (unless your perfume bottle is already an atomizer, in which case use that). Voila! Instant body spray!
8. Turn Powder to Crème Shadows: To change the look of a powder eye shadow you’ve had for a while, apply a little Vaseline to your lid before applying the shadow for a creamier, richer color that will “pop” and look ultra-modern – like you just visited the latest makeup counter.
9. Freeze Frame: If your makeup keeps melting off while you’re applying it during the hot summer months, open the freezer door and let your face cool down to help your make-up set. That way, you won’t have to keep re-applying and wasting more makeup.
10. Cheap Shine-Stoppers: If you run out of blotting papers and want to de-shine your face on a humid day, toilet seat covers are a great stand-in.
Check out more of my must-read beauty tips below:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style MilkSource:Courtesy of Walmart 2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free ShampooSource:Courtesy of Walmart 3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine PomadeSource:Courtesy of Walmart 4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In MoisturizerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ShampooSource:courtesy of Organix 7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ConditionerSource:Cantu 8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock GelSource:Cantu 9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming ShampooSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture ButterSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse ShampooSource:courtesy of Ojon 12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse ConditionerSource:courtesy of Ojon 13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration SpraySource:OBIA 14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity GelSource:courtesy of Ouidad 15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing GelSource:Ouidad 16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl KeeperSource:Curly Hair Solutions 17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme LiteSource:Curl Junkie 18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating ShampooSource:Moroccanoil 19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating ConditionerSource:Moroccanoil 20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair TreatmentSource:Moroccanoil 21 of 25
22. Yarok HairSource:yarokhair.com 22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing ConditionerSource:ChazDean.com 23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry SkinSource:Jane Carter Solution 24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash ConditionerSource:Pantene/Pantene.com 25 of 25
Follow me @gorgeousingrey