Dozens Hospitalized by Carbon Monoxide Leak at SW Atlanta School

    Comments:  | Leave A Comment

    carbon monoxide

    Nearly 50 people have been hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide at Finch Elementary School in southwest Atlanta.

    The incident began about 8:30 a.m. this morning (December 3).

    The AJC reports that extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were found near the school’s furnace. The school is apparently not equipped with carbon monoxide detectors, although the state does not require schools to do so. A common symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches, and most of the students sickened reported having headaches.

    SOURCE

    Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

    Tags: »

    Comments

    blog comments powered by Disqus
    Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 608 other followers